Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

Lone Soldier

The first word I thought of was Epic. I thought of the soldier walking back from a mission but he was the only one who could still walk back. The photographer of this photo makes good use of the mist/fog that is flowing past the soldier as he walks back. He uses the rule of thirds because the soldiers center is placed about a third of the way down and to the left. I also think that if this wasn't black and white it wouldn't be as epic. The lack of color makes it more dramatic. The photographer of this photo did a good job of capturing the moment at the right time.

4 comments:

  1. do i have permission to use this photo for a video game? I am trying to make a game off of unity game engine and im making a shooting and it thought this photo would be great for my game please reply thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know I just found it and thought it was a good picture. Since I do not own the picture I don't know if you could use it. You should be safe using it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'd love to use it for a book cover. How do we find out if we can get permission? Any ideas? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete